Our new and much improved school dinner menu is now in operation at the school. The meals are homemade, plentiful, nutritious and popular with the children. They are hugely successful with more than 200 meals served every day with a:
- Hot non-vegetarian option or
- Hot vegetarian option
At the beginning of each day the children choose which option they would like and the food is cooked to order. Menus are always produced in advance and are emailed home to parents and with a copy in the main reception area.
The current daily cost of school meals is £2.10. We have seen huge increases in demand for meals since we moved to our new building, and will continue to adapt and improve our menu to give children the best possible dining experience.
How do I pay for School Meals?
Money is via the school gateway. You can pay daily, weekly etc.
- To register for a Gateway account go to SchoolGateway.com and click I’m a new user. It’ll ask for the email address and mobile number that the school hold then text a PIN to that mobile phone.
- See the payment requests for all your children on one screen, including those from other schools that use Schoolcomms.
- Choose which payments to settle and use a debit or credit card.
- Track your payment history and items still outstanding.
Can I claim Free School Meals?
If you are in receipt of Income Support, Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance or the Guarantee Element of Pension Credit, or Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit) where income is less than £16,190, your child is eligible for a free school meal each day. For further details please call into our office where one of our administrators will provide you with confidential advice on how to claim this. If you are eligible to register but your child does not want to have a free school meal please do register anyway as part of our budget allocation is based upon the number of children registered for free school meals.